Acquiring backlinks is an important part of establishing your website’s link popularity and increasing your PR ranking with search engines. Links to your site basically count as an endorsement of your site’s relevance, so the more backlinks you have, the higher ranked your website pages will be. So how does one go about acquiring backlinks? To help you out, we put together a list of the top ways for you to acquire backlinks for your real estate website:
1. Commenting on Blogs is a great way to acquire backlinks. As you are leaving your comments in the blog posts, be sure you are providing relevant comments and not just leaving your URL. If your comments aren’t useful or relevant, the page owner will likely remove the comments as spam. Also, don’t go overboard with your blog comments. Try to comment on a variety of blog sites and keep it to a few blog posts each day.
UPDATE (Following Google Penguin update): Although we still recommend commenting on blogs as a link building strategy, we do not recommend commenting exclusively on DoFollow blogs, as this will appear unnatural and can potentially hinder your SEO efforts with Google.
2. Publishing Articles on article directory sites such as EzineArticles is another strategy for link building. Not only does EzineArticles have a high PR Ranking, but you can also use keyword linking in your articles so that you are targeting the specific keywords you are trying to optimize.
3. Writing Press Releases with keyword links and publishing them through Press Release Distribution sites like PRWeb.com can also be a valuable way to build backlinks. PRWeb will get your press release published on other websites for you creating a large number of instant backlinks.
4. Guest Blogging on Industry related websites or community blogs will also help your link building strategy. So offer to write a blog article for a colleague’s website or request to be a guest blogger for Realtor.org. Most websites welcome guest bloggers as it gives them more content and one less article for them to write!
5. Submit your website URL to directories like Yelp, Zillow, Realtor.com, etc. Most times it’s easy and free to create a profile and the benefit is having a backlink on high PR Ranked sites. As an added bonus, creating profiles on review sites like Yelp and asking your clients to write reviews for you will go a long way to helping you build your online reputation!
One last thing to keep in mind when you are creating backlinks is that backlinks from websites with a high PR ranking or page rank, are more valuable than backlinks from websites with low PR ranking. Therefore, you should try to achieve links from highly ranked sites (I’d recommend PR3 or above).
Hope these tips help you with your link building strategy! Do you have any great tips for link building?