One of my favorite functions in Microsoft Outlook is AutoText or Quick Parts. This convenient function allows you to program a paragraph or message you use often to a chosen keyword in Outlook. Whenever you type that keyword into an email message and hit “Enter,” Outlook auto-populates the saved paragraph, saving you the time of re-typing repetitive text!
Follow these steps to program AutoText in your Outlook 2013:
- Open up a “New Email” and type up the paragraph or text you’d like to save.
- Highlight that paragraph or text.
- Select the “Insert” tab in your top menu bar.
- Click “Quick Parts,” roll your cursor over “AutoText” and select “Save Selection to AutoText Gallery”.
- Give your text selection a keyword by entering it in the “Name” field and click “OK”.
- Now, whenever you need to enter your saved paragraph or text in an email message, type in your keyword and hit enter!
Repeat these steps for all your standard email messages and you will thanking yourself in the future.
Thank you for watching this Mark Porter Live video. Please give us a thumbs up if you liked the video or leave a comment and let us know your thoughts or questions!