You may already know there are MILLIONS of smart phone apps out there. How do you decide which apps are the most useful for you and your business? EASY…follow my blog! It was a big hit when we all shared our favorite apps in CRS 206 Technologies to Advance Your Business course a few days ago! I am realizing how important it is to make this information readily available. So I decided to make regular blog postings to share with all of you! Each blog will highlight the apps key features and how to effectively use it to increase your productivity, save you time, or just make your life more fun.
To start my first posting off with a bang, I thought I’d share my 10 must have smart phone apps for real estate:
- Dropbox: Dropbox is a free service that allows you to share and synchronize your files, photos, and videos between your computer, mobile phones and tablet devices. With the smart phone app, you are able to view, share and edit files directly from your mobile device. As REALTORs who need to be productive at all times, we know just how critical it is to have access to our files while on-the-go. Since Dropbox stores your files on your device, not just in the cloud, you’ll always have access, even if you’re offline. So for example, if you are on an airplane, you’ll still be able to access files from your device and the minute you reconect to the internet, all of your devices and cloud will be back in sync. Compatible: iPhone, Droid, Blackberry, and Web based smart phones
- Realtor.com: The REALTOR.com app is the most widely used real estate app for consumers. It allows them to instantly search most all of the MLS listed homes for sale, rentals and other types of real estate. The coolest part has to be the GPS-based search. I walk out the front door after a showing and with a few clicks I can see all the properties that are right around me on a map. The app even allows buyers to take notes and rate properties directly on the listing for easy reference and send the details to family, friends or us via email, Facebook or Twitter. We can use the app to generate leads and even create customized emails through the iPad app to connect your existing customers directly to you and make their buying experience more positive. Compatible: iPhone, Droid, and Web based smart phones.
- Slydial: The slydial app is a voice messaging service that will connect you directly to someone’s mobile voicemail. This app will save you time by helping you skip potentially lengthy telephone conversations while still allowing you to deliver important voice message details. Now isn’t that productive! Compatible: iPhone, Droid, Blackberry, and Web based smart phones.
- CardMunch: CardMunch allows you to instantly add a business card to your contact list without all of the typing. Simply use the app to take a photo of a business card and it is automatically added as a contact in your phone. It’s that EASY! Compatible: iPhone
- Evernote: Kill the clutter and get rid of all the post-its with Evernote. This app will allow you to keep running notes in outline form to which you can attach images and voice memos that can be accessed and synced with all of your devices including your mobile phone, computer or iPad. Compatible: iPhone, Droid, Blackberry, and Web based smart phones.
- HootSuite: Hootsuite is essentially a social media communications dashboard that allows you to access key features of your Facebook, Twitter,and Foursquare account all from one easy to manage app. Now you can share information, respond to messages and more for all of your accounts from one place! Compatible: iPhone, Droid, Blackberry, and Web based smart phones.
- Yelp: The yelp app helps consumers find great business with reviews written by other consumers for all types of business including realtors, dentists, hair stylists, mechanics and of course, restaurants. Yelp can be a great business referral site for real estate agents, so be sure to create an account if you don’t already have one and ask your customers to write reviews for your business. Also, be sure to manage your feedback. Hopefully, you don’t ever have the misfortune of receiving negative feedback, but if you do, be sure to reach out to the reviewer and use the opportunity to try to improve your services. Compatible: iPhone, Droid, Blackberry, and Web based smart phones.
- Google Translate: The Google translate app translates written text into over 50 languages. It also allows you to speak your desired translation for 17 different languages and even hear the translation spoken out loud in 24 different languages. A really cool feature is the Conversation Mode (available only for Android users) which will actually allow you to communicate with another person using speech-to-speech translation. This can come in handy when working with customers from all over the world! Compatible: iPhone, Droid, Blackberry, and Web based smart phones; Features may vary based on smart phone device.
- Docusign: Docusign for Realtors is a great tool that allows you to virtually sign documents from any device and store the documents in the cloud. You can track the status of your documents, capture GPS location of where the documents were signed, and more! Compatible: iPhone, Droid, Blackberry, and Web based smart phones.
- Skype: The skype app allows you to make phone calls, video calls and instant messages over the Internet using your mobile device. This can be great options for realtors and their employees who are working remotely. Compatible: iPhone, Droid, Blackberry, and Web based smart phones.
Do you already use these apps? Which are your favorites? Do you have a new favorite app you’d like me to highlight in my next posting? Please share!